My Skin Care Routine - November 2014

for those of you who know me, or those of you who don't, I love make up
I love the way it makes me feel, the satisfaction of pulling off a perfect red lip, or just smoky eyes

however, I rarely wear it
I am super simple and usually don't even find the time to put on eye shadow in the morning, let along foundation, lipstick, eyeliner, mascara, etc
when I do though, and when I am done with the day, I really take the time to cleanse my face (and body) and let everything breath

so here's how I do it

I take off all of my makeup using a two-phase cleanser, the kind where you can see oil on the top.

then, I use a face mask: nothing too fancy, but because of my normal-to-oily skin I tend to gravitate towards a clay mask. once it sets, I use some warm water to rinse it off. Then I use a cleanser with salicylic acid, around 2%, mixed with a little bit of sugar for exfoliation (if I feel like my skin needs a boost)

to cleanse my body I use another sugar scrub. I put a squirt of my body wash into a bowl and add two or so teaspoons of sugar. and while i'm in the shower, I use this mixture all over my body. sugar is great to exfoliate with and it is cheap and natural. I take extra time to work the mixture over my legs, ankles, knees, elbows, underarms, decollete, shoulders, and lower back. sounds like a lot I know, but when you think about it, you do this already with a loofa and those are the body parts that (at least to me) could use the most exfoliation

also of course, shampoo and condition

when I hop out of the shower, I use 3% hydrogen peroxide (on Q tips) to spot treat any blemishes on my face and across my nose bridge to help with blackheads. the hydrogen peroxide will kill the bacteria. there might be a slight tingling/ bubbling sensation but this is normal. after a minute or two, rinse off. and finally moisturize the face and neck

that's it! remember to use the hydrogen peroxide sparingly or even at a lower concentration. hopefully this helps some of you in the future

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomi Lahren Speaks with Trevor Noah

Things that Should be Left Behind in 2020

My Journals