Empties, Products I've Used Up

One of the products I've used up is the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin types. Actually, I didn't completely use it up because my mother threw it out when I was home for school - but I had almost finished the whole bottle. It is extremely gentle, had no strong scent, and I felt like it didn't strip my skin. I would definitely buy it again in the future. But, for now, the next facial cleanser I'm going to try is the Apsara Neem Facial Cleanser recommended by Kassie AKA +CloudyApples. If you don't know her, I recommending looking her up on YouTube.
 
Another product I'd like to talk about is the Neutrogena Naturals Acne Foaming Scrub. It has the stamp from the Nature Conservatory. But, it has (natural) microbeads in it and had a pretty strong scent, which is why I didn't actually finish the bottle. Instead I threw it away. If you don't know what the hype about microbeads is about, let me tell you. Microbeads are small, circular pieces of plastic found in many face washes and even toothpastes. The reason microbeads are so bad for the environment is because when they go down the drain they are too small to be filtered out of the water supply. They absorb toxins in the water and fish mistake them for food. The fish eat the microbeads and they eventually find their way back into out food supply as well. If they are in toothpaste, the microbeads can get stuck under your gums. Microbeads will not be in production in 2017, but you can always start now by refusing to purchase products that contain them. Besides the microbeads, this scrub has 1% salicylic acid, which is a nice low level, but overall, would not purchase again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomi Lahren Speaks with Trevor Noah

Things that Should be Left Behind in 2020

My Journals